Voting

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Krue's 7th Birthday!

Krue's New Mountain Bike
On March 1, 2011 Krue turned 7 years old!  I really can't believe that he is seven.  Krue has been acting so much more grown up lately... and says things like, "I can't wait to be an adult."  "I can't wait until I have my driver's license." "I can't wait until I am a chiropractor like Daddy."  We keep reminding him to enjoy being a kid and the freedom and joy that comes with it.  

Krue is a hard worker and a good friend.  If he is given a job, he takes it seriously.  He enjoys working at   Lee's office for about an hour a week... and he loves the idea of getting paid for his hard work.  Krue's grades are fantastic and his teacher, Mrs. Dean, just loves him.  We have been told by the parents of many of Krue's classmates that their daughter or son has said that, "Krue is the nicest boy in the 1st grade."  Wow!  That sure does make us feel proud.

 For his 7th birthday, we surprised Krue with a brand new mountain bike.  He has been asking for one so he can "ride the dirt trails" with Lee.  Krue is really very good on his bike.  He has ridden 10 miles with Lee around town and can jump ramps that pop him into the air.  He always puts on his helmet and is very cautious (which makes me feel okay about it).  Krue is not a daredevil... but likes to slowly master challenging tricks through practice.

The Friday after Krue's birthday, we let him invite 3 of his friends over for a sleepover.  They had so much fun "chatting" on their DS's, eating pizza, going in the hot tub, having a dart gun war in the basement, and watching a "Despicable Me" before they fell asleep.   

You are a good kid, Krue!  We love you!

Krue's Buddies - Brayton Schackow, Landon Armstrong, and Landen Brown - Playing Their Nintendo DS's
Getting Ready to go in the Hot Tub

Having fun in the Hot Tub with Lee

No comments: