Wow! Has it ever been a whirlwind these past couple of weeks. I finally have a chance to sit down and journal our Christmas events.
For Lee, Krue, Kiefer, and I our Christmas goes something like this:
Christmas Eve - Go to Lee's parents lake house for appetizers, go to church, eat HUGE dinner back at the lake house, open presents, kids put on their Christmas PJ's and go to bed, we stay and socialize with all forty-some members of Lee's extended family.
Christmas Eve Night - Drive back home, go to bed.
Christmas Morning- Wake up, Krue and Kiefer see what Santa brought them, look at stockings, fire in fireplace, Christmas music, coffee and cinnamon rolls...very special time for just us!
Christmas Day - Drive to my parent's house, arrive just in time to make our VERY TRADITIONAL Christmas brunch (Cherry Turnover Team Rocks!), begin our marathon present opening...it ended around 5 or 5:30 pm this year...seriously! So much fun.
(David always does a Moooohahaha laugh with Krue!)
The Infamous Cherry Turnover Team!
Mamaw and all of her Grandchildren Christmas Day
Krue opening presents
I love dill pickles and get several jars of them every year from my Uncle David.
Krue got a really cool piano from Baba and Papa Joe!
Aunt Ali teaching Krue how to "move".
Lee did a little "movin" with some help from cousin Maralee and Dance Dance Revolution!
It was a wonderful Christmas for all of us!
5 comments:
Great summary! I think it's so great the traditions you have! Can't wait to see more pics!!
It sure is crazy having a big family. I love it though.
Looks like you had a great Christmas. The Turnovers look delicious!! You'll have to make tell me how you make them sometime. Neal loves anything cherry. And I love Kiefer's little elf outfit. How cute. Can't wait to see pictures from Florida!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!
How lucky and blessed you are to have such an amazing family!
I love you too!
Myah
Post a Comment