Voting

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Triathlon #2

Last Saturday I competed in my second triathlon. It was a blast and I beat my overall time from last year by 5 minutes!! Yeah! The big shocker of the race was my swim time ... I swam my 500 in 6 minutes 52 seconds. I came in 7th out of all 520 men and women in the swim... I'm still thinking it was a computer chip glitch :) My transitions were faster this year and my run time was 2 minutes faster! My bike was the only time that didn't improve... but I know for a fact that it was because it was pouring down ran and I was taking it pretty easy in fear that I might wipe out on one of the slick turns. I am so happy I did this race again... but hope that I have someone to train with next summer (um hum... Schlaura).
Here are some shots Lee took during the race:

The beginning of the race... getting ready for the swim. I'm somewhere in there with a blue cap.


Out of the water transitioning to bike.

On the bike. The course is really hilly and curvy. I saw lots of deer.

Finishing my run.

Happy to be done.


My biggest supporter... Lee!


My cheering section... Mom, Adam, and Natalia. My dad was there too. He is taking the picture. Thanks for coming down you guys!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! You should be so proud of yourself! It is such an accomplishment.

lori said...

erin that is so neat, very empowering, your ole fellow norwell swimmer is very impressed w/ your time!!!! makes me want to go to the pool and do laps
you go girl
love the pic's

The Heath Family said...

YEAH! I wondered about your weather on Saturday. I ran my 15 alone in the rain and it stunk. So Happy for you. Maybe if you do a mini I will do a tri with you?!

You look awesome afterwards as well. I think I would be laying flat on the ground moaning in pain. ha ha ha.

Myah said...

You continue to amaze me. :)