Once we arrived in Halifax, Cindy and her adorable 8 month old son, David, greeted us with a warm welcome and drove us into the city to grab a bite to eat. She gave us a small walking tour through the college-town streets and beautiful park. (I had to make the pictures small because there were so many. You can click on them to get a better view.)
She then drove us to Jason and her chiropractic clinic and gave us a tour of their very nice building and practice. Here is a picture of their office building.
The entire group eating a delicious meal of of salmon and veggies. Yum!
Cody, Jason, Shannon, Karen, Cindy, Me, Lee
This is Jason and Cindy's view off of their balcony in the back of their town house. They have a great view of the bay.
Here is little David. I'm not kidding, he is the best behaved baby I have ever seen. He is so happy, laid back, and healthy. Lee and I brought him a couple of outfits. The one he is wearing is a Notre Dame shirt and shorts (couldn't find an IU outfit.)
On the second day we all went down to the harbor and walked around. We took a tour on a land/water vehicle and learned so much about Halifax. It is such a historic and beautiful place.
Later that evening we had dinner at a Greek restaurant. This was such a good meal!
We topped off the night by going to a pub called "The Lower Deck" and heard two unbelievable groups perform.
Cindy's sister, Gayle, and her husband, Steve, live right next door to Cindy and Jason. It is too cute! Cindy and Gayle even look alike which makes it even cuter. They both have kids so it is very convenient for them to have someone right next door to help out. Steve and Gayle met up with all of us at The Lower Deck...
A picture of us girls with a guy in a kilt at the bar.
On the third day it rained, so we did some fun indoor stuff. Jason and Cindy took us go-carting and indoor (glow-in-the-dark) putt-putting.
That evening we went back to The Lower Deck to hear one of the groups again... and then we went to Jason and Cindy's for a wonderful lobster dinner. Here is Jason preparing the lobster...
My camera died at this point in the trip. The remainder of the pictures are being sent to me.
More to come...
2 comments:
I wish Shane and I would do more weekend trips alone. It looks like so much fun.
It looks so beautiful!! I'd love to visit there sometime. Looks like you had a wonderful time and did lots of fun stuff. Lobster sounds really good--I'm jealous:) That is neat that you and Lee get to do little getaway weekends. It gives you time to recharge without the kids.
Post a Comment