Voting

Monday, November 19, 2007

GO HOOSIERS! PEE-U PURDUE!

It was a beautiful day for a football game. And what a game it was!

On Saturday, Lee and I ventured down to our old stomping grounds in Bloomington to see the IU/PU football game. It was a sweet day of victory for the Hoosiers!

We were asked to go to the game by our good friends, Neal and Melanie Blythe. They have season tickets and haven't missed a home game yet ~ die hard fans, indeed! We loaded up the suburban, picked up Neal and Mel, and also picked up Lee's brother, Nick, and his girlfriend, Erin. We had a fun trip down to the game.

I can't believe how many people were tailgating before the game. It must have broken a record of some sort. It was unbelievable! We had a great time tailgating and were accompanied by Melanie's family ~ also die hard IU fans!

Tailgating before the game... Neal, Melanie, Lee, Me, Nick, Erin
The weather was great ~ Blue skies and 60 degrees

Mel and I sporting our team colors.



"The Rock" ~ Neal felt quite at home in the stadium.


Mel enjoying the game.


It got colder during the second half, so we all bundled up.

Hoosier fans rushing the field after the game. Melanie's dad is in there somewhere :)

Lee's step-sister, Sara, was kind enough to let us stay at here apartment that night. She went out with us to help celebrate. We had a great time!

My parents watched the boys while we were gone. They are so nice like that! My dad is a big Purdue fan and he taught Krue and Kiefer how to say, "Go Boilers!" I couldn't believe that he had brainwashed them during the time we were gone :) Have no fear, I had them saying "Pee-U Purdue" before we left their house on Sunday.

Go IU!

6 comments:

The Heath Family said...

It was a great game even for a purdue fan at heart. Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

We had sooooo much fun!! I hope Neal wasn't too fired up about the game:) I'm so glad IU won so we didn't have to see Neal in pout mode! Thanks so much for arranging us to stay with Sara. We had a blast.

GO HOO-HOO-HOOSIERS!!!!

Myah said...

Wow! What fun!

Myah said...

Oh, I forgot something! Mel... You crack me up with 1 beer in your hand and another in your pocket! :) You gotta be prepared.

The Blessingers said...

I knew I liked your dad! :) Hey, can I sit for your kids soon - I have a few sayings I think they might like to try . . .

Anonymous said...

I hear that your parents (the grandparents) teach your children things they wouldn't have taught you when you were a child. What's up with that...and oh how they spoil the babies!

Oh my! I miss IU! What a great time! GO IU!