Voting

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kruser Snake-Eyes Chicken Noodle Soup


Believe it or not, that is Krue's name at preschool according to his teacher, Mrs. Bell.

I ran into Mrs. Bell at Walmart and said to her, "Krue tells me that you call him 'Kruser Snake-eyes' ". She said, "Oh no no, Krue tells US that we should call him 'Kruser Snake-eyes' . In fact, he has the entire class trying to think of creative nick-names for themselves because Krue has one."

Well, I guess "Kruser Snake-eyes" wasn't a long enough name because recently Krue has lengthened his name to "Kruser Snake-eyes Chicken Noodle Soup". Oh the things he comes up with!


While I am on the subject of Krue...


We are so proud of him because he got out of his bed and came downstairs for THE FIRST TIME EVER after his nap ... ALL BY HIMSELF! Yes, this sounds like a very basic thing, but it is a big deal to us. We have been telling Krue since he was 2 1/2 that whenever he wakes up he can come downstairs and find us. He has never done this. We have always had to go up and get him, and we never knew when he woke up so we would always have to check on him.

Yeah Krue!! Making mom and dad's job a little easier one step at a time :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BABA SAYS,

What an unbelievably cute, clever and creative grandson I have!

Anonymous said...

I love his nickname! Lauren even calls him that sometimes.

And I can't believe he is just now getting out of his bed on his own!!!!! I don't think Lauren ever stayed in:) It does make it easier when they are this age, but when she was younger, I would have given anything to keep her in her bed!! Way to go Kruser-Snake Eyes!

My New Catholic Heart said...

It all makes sense now ... at Thanksgiving Krue says, "You know what I'm thankful for? ... Krue's Chicken Noodle Soup." Then he says, "You know what else I'm thankful for? ... Snake Eyes!!!" I thought that was funny enough - but now that I know it's his nickname ... hilarious!

Jennifer said...

I like the nickname too. I cannot believe he is still taking naps that is awesome for you!

Myah said...

That is hilarious!

The Heath Family said...

Ian used to sit in his bed and yell "mom dad - Come open the door." Wouldn't get up. Anna on the other hand sleeps on the floor by her door. Don't ask!

Cute name. I love the snake-eyes.