It still amazes me that my boys are so different! Don't get me wrong, they have their similarities... love to socialize, love music & singing, mechanically inclined - engineers, love sports and activity, like their sleep, love to cuddle & give kisses and hugs, love to look at books, love each other very much! However, I had to take a minute to jot down their differences. These things crack me up:
Krue - Slow & Picky Eater - Grazer
Kiefer - Eats fast, shovels in food, can't get enough Ex: Yesterday he ate an entire apple... core, stem, seeds and all! If that doesn't describe his personality, I don't know what will.
Krue - Will be quiet if needed, laid back
Kiefer - Has only one volume - LOUD! Ex: You should see the looks I get at the grocery store. Kiefer is so loud and doesn't even know it. He always has been since he was in the NICU. The nurses told me he was the noisiest baby they had ever taken care of.
Krue - Studies everything first before attempting to use them - Cautiously Active
Kiefer - Not afraid to try anything, jumps right in, always busy
Krue - Does everything with Finesse and Strategy
Kiefer - Charges/Muscles his way through everything
Krue - Has a soft, gentle touch
Kiefer - Bangs, stomps, throws everything
Krue - Wakes up happy and smiling
Kiefer - Takes awhile to wake up, can be grumpy
Krue - No Temper, "Pleaser", Easy to Discipline
Kiefer - Gets angry easily, Throws temper tantrums
Krue - Likes to watch T.V. sitting down, relaxing
Kiefer - Likes to watch T.V. on the move
Krue - Goes with the flow
Kiefer - Has opinions about everything, likes to have his way
I love my boys and their differences. I think they compliment each other well. They sure keep everyday fun and exciting for Lee and I!
6 comments:
This is great that you took the time to jot this down. I couldn't agree with you more regarding my girls. I always say that God matched them up perfectly. I think your boys and my girls will be perfect siblings.
This says much about the insightful, sweet Mother who is intuitive enough to notice the differences and loving enough to record them.
It is such a nice balance to have one of each. I thought Lauren and Graham would be total opposites, but we will see. Graham is starting to hold his own around her--I guess he has to to survive:)
I love it that you wrote all this down! I need to start doing that more.
It always amazes me the differnces and similarities between my two as well. God has a plan for sure...just wish I knew what it was at times.
Erin, with two boys of my own only 10.5 months apart, you couldn't be more dead on with your observations. If you put my two boys in the same room and studied them, you would NEVER believe they came from the same mom and dad.
Eric Graft
you do such a good job a journaling, i am jealous, i have slacked so much
good job
Post a Comment