Voting

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week One With Kai

Kai couldn't be a better baby. She has such a soft, mild cry and a gentle way about her. Kai knows her mommy and daddy's voices and really studies her brothers when they are around. Kai likes to sleep a lot at this point and wakes up every 2-3 hours at night to eat. She seems to be able to sleep through lots of noise... which is good since she has two rowdy brothers running around the house all the time. Here are some pictures from week one:
Nothing like Daddy's chest.
Mom captured this moment of Lee and I admiring Kai.

So precious.
Mamaw has had this picture hanging in her dining room since she found out I was pregnant. She thought this is what our little girl would look like if Lee and had one. She used it to send "little girl vibes" our way. Mamaw even moved it down to mom and dad's house when her house flooded and she had to move in with them for a while! I guess the picture worked... we got our girl!
Our babysitter, Erin bought a sign that read, "It's a girl!" and put it in our front yard :)
Lots of flowers and balloons!
Lots of pink!
Dad and I relaxing and enjoying Kai.

Big Brothers Rock!

The first time Mamaw held Kai.

Baba & Mamaw loving on Baby Kai.
Baba can't get enough :)

Uncle David came to see Kai from Chicago!
Uncle Adam and Aunt Natalia
Uncle Christopher and Aunt Amos
Aunt Ali is going crazy because she hasn't held Kai yet! She did get to see her on the webcam and asked, "Can you just hand her through the screen?" Kai can't wait to meet you, Ali!

3 comments:

Joe said...

I am so jealous of her sleeping on Lee's chest. Tyler never really did that, little brat. She's adorable though, seriously.

Myah said...

oh my gosh!! She is soo adorable!! i can't wait to see her!

Ali said...

Your right, I am dying!!! I can't believe Kai hasn't met the coolest member of the family, soon-to-be favorite Aunt yet!!!!

She is SOOOOOO stinkin cute, I need more pictures!!!!