It is always fun to stop and jot down what my daily schedule is like every so often... especially right now, raising three children. Here is a typical day:
Wake up at 6:15 to 19 month old Kai shouting in the monitor, "Mom! Mommy! Mom!" I walk upstairs in a haze and get her out of bed. She wants to take her "paci" and "blankie" with her. I don't argue... I'm still half asleep. We go downstairs and she sits on the counter while I make breakfast for the kids. Usually peanut butter toast or eggs, juice (watered down... shhh), and vitamins. Kai happily drinks her juice and eats her vitamins while I continue to make/pack Krue's lunch for the day... I also start a pot of coffee (my best friend). Lee wakes up around this time and heads downstairs for a quick workout.
Around 6:45 Kai and I walk upstairs to wake up Krue for 1st grade. I grab his clothes (we laid out the night before) and contact case and head back downstairs. Krue gets dressed and I put in his contacts. He brushes his teeth and I spike up his hair. He watches TV and eats his breakfast. Kai tries to steal Krue's breakfast, even though she has her own. Stinker.
Around 7:15 Kiefer wakes up and sits on the top of the stairs, peering down at the TV. (It takes him awhile to wake up). I take Kai into my room so I can quickly get ready. Kiefer eventually wanders downstairs to eat breakfast. Lee is done with workout at this time and eats breakfast, grabs a coffee, and gets ready for work.
7:35 I gather up everything Krue will need for the day and send him out the door with Lee. Lee loves taking Krue to school... he says they have the best talks during this time.
Between 8 and 8:30 I help Kiefer and Kai get ready. This is always interesting. Kiefer and Kai are my two arguers :) It always depends on their mood how smoothly "getting ready" will go :) Sometimes there is crying, sometimes arguing, sometimes laughing, sometimes singing together.
8:30 we try to be heading out the door for preschool. Most days it is 8:40/8:45... it seems like I am always forgetting something! Some days I pick up Graham Blythe and Anna Heath for preschool as well. 9:00 I have Kiefer safely to preschool and Kai and I are heading back home.
9:15-11:45 Kai and I are running errands, doing laundry, dishes, cleaning house, making beds, playing with dolls, learning shapes and animal noises, and reading books. Kai is a mommy's girl so she likes to be right at my side helping out at all times :)
11:45 we are in the car again driving the 15 minute drive out to Kiefer's preschool.
12:15 we are home again making lunch for Kai and Kiefer.
12:30 Kai goes down for a nap (ahhhh....)
12:45-2:00 I workout and let Kiefer play the Wii (Kiefer's favorite thing right now... he is so good at Mario Cart. We have to limit him to an hour a day on this or he would play forever!)
2:00-2:45 Kiefer time with Mommy! We read books, play a game, do a craft, etc.
2:45-3:15 Krue comes home from school. I go through his backpack and we discuss his day. We do his homework together.
3:15 Kai wakes up and we make a yummy smoothie (she loves these!)
3:30 Nicole Thiele shows up to babysit and I head to work.
3:45-6:15 Work at Lee's Office... I do rehab on the patients.
6:30 Home. Make Dinner. Run kids to any activities (violin lessons, basketball, swim lessons, etc.)
8:00 Kids Baths
8:30 Kids Bed... pj's, brush teeth, read books, prayers, bed.
8:30-10pm Time with Lee & pick up house.
10pm Bed... Whew!
*Lots of rest needed to repeat it all over again. Kai wakes up several times at night at this age. Usually to for us to help her find her paci. Kiefer sometimes needs his inhaler or breathing treatment.
2 comments:
Wow, that made me tired just reading it!!!!!
Wow... I am tired too! :)
Post a Comment