Voting

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Conquered First Triathlon!

I did it! Yesterday I competed in my first triathlon down in Indianapolis. What a great feeling of accomplishment! It was such a rush and I had so much fun. My overall time was 1 hour 19 minutes.

I was so happy that my best friend, Schlaura Linderwell, decided to attempt the triathlon with me. It was great having her there. We both said that we couldn't imagine doing this alone. It was too much fun being there together!

There were close to 600 people competing in this triathlon! This picture is of us getting ready to start with the swim.

Schlaura and I are right in the middle of this picture. We are getting our bikes set up and ready to go.

After the race.

Can't wait to do it again, Schlaura!

5 comments:

Myah said...

Oh my,Erin!!! I am SOOOOOOO proud of you and Schlaura!!! I can't wait to hear all the details in person! You are an amazing woman...for many reasons...Not just for your kick a** body!

I love you!
Myah

My New Catholic Heart said...

Rock On Erin and Schlaura!!! That's awesome!! Everyone in the family was asking about you Sat. and wondering how you did. Congratz!
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Looks like a ton of fun. Great Job. Maybe you can talk some more people into doing the next one. I also can't wait to hear all about it.

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I'm sure you are so proud of your accomplishment. I can't imagine--must be a great feeling. Looks like you had fun. Can't to hear all the details!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Erin, your blog is so much fun to read. It's like chatting with you. It's a great way to keep up with what your family is doing.

Jim and Mylien have moved back to Fort Wayne. They are staying with us temporarily, but they have bought a house and will get possession before the end of the month. I know they're glad. This is a small, one-bathroom house, but they've been great to have with us.
Love, Grandma Kruse