Last night I went to the grocery store while Lee stayed at home to watch the boys. They were down the basement playing when Lee heard pounding on the door upstairs. He ran up quickly to see who it was. Standing at the door was our friend and Auburn police officer, Phil Snover. Lee thought maybe he came over to visit...but no. He was at our house because someone had called 911! Lee was puzzled. They went downstairs and sure enough, little Kiefer was chewing on one of our cordless phones. He must have dialed 911 in the process of chewing! Phil said the operator could hear Lee playing with the kids in the background and knew it was probably a little kid that called.
Go figure...I leave the boys alone for an hour and look what happens. The whole house falls apart without me :)
Thanks, Phil, for checking up on us! It's nice to have friends on the force.
4 comments:
That is so funny. I must have just missed him. I saw that car pull in as I was walking in my house. It was nice you knew the officer who came over to check up on the call. You'll have to write that in Keifer's baby book!
Melanie
I spelled Kiefer's name wrong........sorry!:o
Phil thought it was so cute and seeing the boys just made him more excited to have a little man! He thinks they are so darn cute.
That's funny. It seems to happen to most parents at least once. I'm sure it will happen to me bc Max loves our phone. At least you knew a police officer who could just laugh about it!
Post a Comment