Voting

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

One of Those Mornings...

I just wanted to jot down what this morning was like... to chuckle about as the boys get older. Things can get pretty hectic with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. If you don't have things planned out, you might not get anything accomplished. Let's just say this morning I didn't have things planned out...

Krue and Kiefer were up at 7am this morning and ready for their breakfast. After making them toast, getting their sippy cups, handing out vitamins, making eggs, and getting the coffee going, I was finally able to scarf down my breakfast at 7:45. I didn't give the boys baths last night so I shuffled them on up to the bathtub. By 8:45 I had both boys bathed, dressed, and teeth brushed...also some laundry put away that had been sitting in a basket in Kiefer's room for a day. By 9:00 I was ready to get myself ready. I put on a television show for Krue and Kiefer played in his pack n' play while I hopped in the shower. This is where it got crazy...Fifteen minutes into getting ready Kiefer started crying because he wanted out of his pack n' play. I let him crawl around and he was soon turning on and off the TV...Krue started getting aggravated, I had to redirect Kiefer, Krue wanted more to drink so I took care of that, Kiefer climbed up into Krue's chair, which aggravated Krue more, I gave Kiefer a brush to play with, Krue had to go potty...I was able to spend 10 more minutes getting ready...then it was 10:00 and time for the boys snacks. I put Kiefer in his high chair and got him some finger foods to nibble on. I gave Krue a snack and about this time my friend Schlaura called (which was the highlight of the morning!) During the phone conversation Lee came home from running errands and took Krue outside for awhile. While talking on the phone I multi-tasked...unloaded and loaded the dishwasher & cleaned the kitchen. I hung up with Schlaura & Lee informed me that he had to get ready for work. I took Kiefer outside and played with the boys and some neighbor kids for about a half an hour... By this time it is 11:30 and I am still not ready for the day! I took the boys inside and attempted to finish getting ready with both boys in the bathroom with me...Krue had to potty, Kiefer was getting into everything, Krue kept asking to go outside again ... By 11:45 I managed to have myself somewhat put together. I took the boys outside for another 15 minutes, came in, made lunch, had the boys in bed by 12:40. I finally get to sit down for the first time this morning!

I just realized that I forgot to put on my mascara :) Oh well!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! Unless you've been thru it, it is hard to explain! I'm sure we will look back on these memories and laugh and wish we had them back when the kids are off to college:)

Anonymous said...

I was just talking to Aunt Sally, Erin, and we decided that you haven't lived until you have three kids under three years old. I did, with Erin,Adam and Alison, and Sally also with twins Colleen and Claudine, and Colette was 2 1/2. Think of Joni! Living adventurously! Enjoy! The rewards are commensurate with the challenges!

Myah said...

I am so with you, Erin! These days are going to go by so fast. Just try your best to stay calm and smile during those crazy moments. Your house can always be picked up later, and who cares if you are "totally" ready! :) I am just as anal as you, and I know how frustrating it can be, but just know how blessed you are to have 2 healthy and ACTIVE boys!

The Jewell's said...

Hey Erin!! I had to laugh when I read this. On my Wednesday off and on the weekends that is how my days always are. That is why I work:) Things are a little crazier in the mornings that I work especially when I take them to daycare. If I am not up and ready by the time they get up it takes me three times as long to get ready. I guess it's a good thing I have to wear my hair back!!! When I finally lay down at night I think about the day and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world:)

lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lori said...

i got a nervous laugh when i read this, (my time is near)and i'll be calling you, very cute!
it will be neat to look back on this

My New Catholic Heart said...

And THAT is why motherhood is the hardest job in the world! There are somedays I look in the mirror at the end of the day and my hair is greasy and messy, I still have on the mascara I had on the day before (a big no no, I know) and my shirt looks like I've worn it for three days! But the kids are fed, bathed, happy and secure. I guess this is why they invented day spas!!

Erin & The Boys said...

Hi