Voting

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Welcome Griffin Phillip!

On Tuesday I received a phone call saying that my best friend, Schlaura, had gone into labor! She was one week overdue...and ready to have that baby. She and her husband, Steve, did not find out what they were having, so it was very exciting! After dropping the kids off at school, Kiefer and I drove down to the hospital to wait. We had so much fun catching up with Schlaura and Steve's parents and Schlaura's sister, Tammy. Kiefer had a blast playing with Annika, Schlaura and Steve's (almost) two year old. She is such a cutie with gorgeous big brown eyes. When I look at her I feel like I am looking at Schlaura with those eyes!

Kiefer and I had to leave before we were able to go back to see the baby. When I left, the baby had been born...but we didn't know what they had. Tammy called me on my way to pick up the kids to tell me that Schlaura had a 10lb. 6oz. boy named, Griffin Phillip! He was 22 3/4 inches long, too! Schlaura is one tough cookie! The boys and I went to visit them in the hospital later that evening and to meet little Griffin. He doesn't look like a newborn being so big...but he is so stinkin' cute! Can't tell who he looks like yet.

Schlaura, I am so excited for you and your cute little family. You seem so happy and life couldn't be any better for you. Congratulations!

6 comments:

The Heath Family said...

I said it already but OH MY! So cute. I love babies.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine a 10lb baby! She must be one tough woman:) I'll be thinking about her the next few weeks.

Myah said...

Wow! Ouch! 10 pounds!
Congrat, Linderwell Family!
Can't wait to meet him.

stoppenhagenclan said...

I bet Anika will be a great little helper for Schlaura. It makes me so proud to see everyone having babies and being mommies. Isn't it just awesome???!!! :)

My New Catholic Heart said...

I'm so happy for them! That is just awesome! What is it with big baby boys lately?!!

lori said...

10 lbs! i am freaking out, please lord no. she was always a tough woman!!!!