This past weekend Lee and I had an "IU Friends" weekend at the lake. We invited all of my roommates from college... Joni, Kara, Sarah, and Schlaura... and then our really good friend, Hoof. It turned out that only Hoof and Schlaura could make it :( We made the best of the weekend... rainy weather and all. Hoof brought his friend, Kat, with him and we had so much fun hanging out with her. She was a blast! Hoof is training for a marathon so he ran around the entire lake (close to 13 miles) Saturday morning. Kat ran about 8 or 9 miles and biked the rest of the way. Lee biked for 8 or 9 miles and sprinted the last 3 or 4 miles. I spent the morning back at the cottage with the boys :) The path going around the lake is made up of a ton of huge hills! They are die-hards!
My sister, Amy, and her fiance came up to help take care of the boys while we went out on the lake all day. It was so fun! Thanks, Amy and Chris, for all your help.
When we were hanging out and catching up, Schlaura mentioned that it felt like we had just picked up where we had left off. Lee said that was a sign of great friendship... being apart for so long and then feeling like we hadn't skipped a beat. I just love these guys. I hope the next time we can get the entire gang together.
5 comments:
All of your new pictures look like so much fun. It is crazy how some friends stay forever. I love it. I still have not seen this lake house but it sounds great.
fun fun fun!
old friends are the best
Schlaura you look great! Congrats
Lee's right, the best of friends live by no calendar - their love is timeless!
Looks like you had a great time! It is awesome you have stayed in touch and still get together.
It looks like you had a blast!
We sure did when we came.
You will have many lasting memories there.
Post a Comment