Voting

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...Washington D.C.

Last week my family went out to Washington D.C. to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins and also attend my cousin, Melissa's, graduation from high school. It was interesting how we all got out there...my parents and Uncle David travelled by plane, my sisters and I travelled by train, my grandma, brother, and sister's fiance travelled by automobile. We literally got out there by "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"!

We had such a great time! Lee stayed at home and watched the boys. What a nice break for me! I took a ton of pictures and chose several of my favorites to post. The pictures help describe the trip...

Ali, Amy, and I getting ready to jump on the train at 10:45 at night!

Ali turned 27 at midnight while we were on the train.
We were trying to make twenty-seven with our hands.

Amy (who is now a Mary Kay consultant) brought us
make-up kits to play with while we were on the train.

Having fun on the train.

Getting ready in our hotel room.



One day we went sight-seeing in Washington D.C.. Here we are in front of the white house.


Standing in front of the new WWII Memorial.


Ali and Amy kissing the Washington Monument :)

Dad in front of the Lincoln Memorial.




These pictures were taken at the the new FDR Memorial. Our cousin, Molly, is in these pictures with us. This was my favorite memorial! Very cool.

One day we went shopping at this huge mall right outside of Washington D.C. Our cousin, Megan, went with us... she is on the far right.

Dad, Ali, Amy, and I went to TGI Friday's one night.

At the graduation. Cousin Molly is in this pic with us.


It was a nice ceremony, but as always, it got a little long when they were calling out the names of the students. We were having fun with the camera.

Melissa, the graduate, with all of our girl cousins.

Riding the train home. Amy, sticking her head out the window taking it all in.



Some pretty sights we saw on the train.
This was a great trip. Good sister bonding, for sure. It was great to see our Bell cousins and hang out with them. Can't wait until Molly's graduation!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! I love the one of your sisters "Kissing" the Washington Monument. The whole trip sounds so fun--especially with your sisters. I'm sure you made some great memories. A little adult time away is good too:)

lori said...

my fav is the kissing one too!
good bonding w/ sisters and fam, and a nice break for full time mommy!
i cant believe that those are the same gals valerie use to watch in zanesville, i use to go over and help her and play with them
are we really getting that old, at least we feel young

The Heath Family said...

Awesome pictures and trip. Sisters are the best and it looks like you took advantage or your time away. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I loved that!

Anonymous said...

I loved that!!
Linda Garrett