Voting

Monday, July 30, 2007

Another BIX Bites the Dust...

The last year Lee and I lived in Davenport we ran in a race called The Bix. It is a 7 mile run winding through the very hilly streets of Davenport. This year we were invited to run in the race again by my brother and sister-in-law, Heath and Amy. (This is Heath's last year of chiropractic school and he will be joining Lee at DeKalb Chiropractic next spring. Amy will also be working in the office as a chiropractic technician. We can't wait!) Anyway... Heath, Amy, Lee and I ran in the race. Lee's parent's, Sam & Beth, and Amy's sister, Liz,... who is almost 8 month pregnant and pushed her 2 year old in a stroller...you go girl!... walked the Quick Bix, and Amy's parent's walked the 7 mile Bix.
We had a blast doing this race. It is such a cool atmosphere because there are close to 15,000 people running, bands lining the streets, people cheering you on and spraying you down with hoses, and runners dressed up in costumes!


Early morning... getting ready for the race.


The opening ceremony... a huge helicopter flew directly over the street we were to run down for the start.

The runners taking off.

Sam was taking pictures on the side and was only able to catch a running shot of Heath.
He is in the white shorts.
Lee and I after completing the race. We were both happy with our times.

The entire gang went to IHOP for a celebratory meal.

We headed down to The Bix Festival downtown later that day.


Our good friend, AJ, just started going to chiropractic school this summer. He cheered us on during the race and then joined us down at the festival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should be proud of yourself. I dont' think I could ever run 7 miles!! Way to go!