For the past four days I have been in Chicago training to be Bradley Instructor for Natural Childbirth. Lee and I took this childbirth course while I was pregnant with Krue and LOVED IT! We felt so prepared, excited, and confident to have our baby when we were finished. I wanted to share this experience with other people!
It is not easy to become a Bradley instructor. I had to go to this training in Chicago for 4 days (8:30am - 10:30pm everyday!)... I still have to read 4 books and write outlines and summaries... observe classes... teach two 12 week sessions as an affiliated teacher... and then take a big test. Whew! I should have all of my paperwork and observations done by January and then start as an affiliate teacher in February. I will teach out of Lee's office one night a week... which will be very convenient.
I love the group of girls I trained with. We really got to know each other over the four days and have so much in common. The lady in the middle is Marjorie Hathaway... she is a legend in the childbirth field and we were fortunate enough to be trained by her. She and her husband are AMAZING people.
I am looking forward to this next phase of my life... and am SO excited to educate pregnant couples about this topic!!!! I feel this is my true calling.
Sidenote: We all aren't looking the best in this picture. It was taken on the last day and we were all mentally fried and ready to go home :)
4 comments:
Yeah!!! I am glad you survived. =) I look forward to talking to you about it.
Talk about being Proud of someone. This is awesome Erin. Good for you. I hope this goes well and you can help many people. God bless and be with you as you finish this up.
I think this is an amazing this that you are doing. We took childbirth classes, but neither Adam nor I felt that prepared. It is a great thing to help other people at such an exciting and scary time in thier lives.
How cool and exciting!!!! You will be a pro at this!! God Bless You with the rest of your journey with your continued papers and testing to attain your degree!
Love you,
Linda Barnes
Post a Comment