Voting

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Habanera Halloween Party

Last night Lee and I attended a Halloween party for a fun community club we are in ~ Habanera. We were actually on the planning committee for this party... so we were very involved.



"A Pair of Blue Jeans"


Yes, that is what Lee and I went to the party dressed up as. It was a hit!


We tied for 2nd and 3rd place with our friends Erik and Tamera Weber. They had awesome pirate costumes.


I made tombstones to help decorate the party. I made one for every person who was on our party planning committee (20 in all). Each tombstone had a cute epitaph on it... courtesy of my mom. (I sent her everyone's information via email at about 8:00 am one day, and she sent back the epitaphs within the next 2 hours! How amazing is that? This lady is talented!) I cut out, spray painted, and wrote out all of the tombstones. They turned out cute. Here are some examples:


There once was a woman, Deb Rollins, She was given to trippin' and fallin', From the top of the hill, She fell down, willy-'nil, So she met her end, poor Deb Rollins!

Cosmetologist, "in the know", Now she has a heavenly glow! Deb Littlejohn R.I.P.

Here lies, resting,Golfer Keith Turner, Hit his final, Texas worm-burner!

The hand of fate, Met Margaret Keech, All that was heard, Was one loud screech!

~Chuck Schmidt~ Once worked with cars, Now he is gazing, At the stars.

Bill Heimach, Master of the Sale, This is the End, Of his Long Tale!



As always, we had such a fun time at this Habanera Party! Can't wait until the Formal Christmas Party (The Blythes will be there, too. Yeah!)

4 comments:

My New Catholic Heart said...

Very cute costumes! All you needed was someone to come as a T-shirt! Way to go on the decor - I bet everyone loved it!

The Heath Family said...

The kids and I are going as pirates this year. You and Lee look so cute and comfy.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! Your costumes are so creative--and comfy!! Did you get a prize for 2nd? Just wondered who got my big gift bags:)

Can't wait until the Christmas Party.

Myah said...

Looks like a great time!