Voting

Monday, May 05, 2008

Indianapolis Mini-Marathon

This past weekend Lee and I ran in the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon! It was an amazing experience, and we are so happy and proud to have completed it. I ran the race in 2 hours and 9 minutes. Lee ran it in 1 hour and 40 minutes!!
This is a picture of the race participants lining up at the starting line. There were over 35,000 people in this race. We were walking across an overpass and I was able to capture this shot.


Sara, my sister-in-law, was the person who talked me into running the race in the first place. Lee decided to do it with us once we were signed up together.

We also had many Auburn-ites and friends running the race. Shane & Kelli Heath, Neal and Melanie Blythe & Phil Snover were some of them. We were constantly recognizing faces while we were there... Gina Weldy, Amy Fenstermaker, Joe Thomas, Vickie Snider... Bill and Julie Hiemach, Jeff and Susan Turner.... and on and on.

After the race, we all rested at our hotel and then went out for the night in downtown Indy. It was a good time!


Me, Ashleigh Petcoff, Kelli Heath, Jen Schackow, and Melanie Blythe


Shane Heath, Chad Reynolds, Neal Blythe, Brent Schackow, Lee, Eric Manor, Kyle Gilbert, and Ben Ballinger

Lee and I enjoying our evening.


Neal and Melanie having fun.

A cute picture of Kelli and Jen.



Melanie and I (looking tired)



High School Buds, Chad and Lee



The girls chatting the night away.



A silly picture we took while we were dancing. (We were all about the self-portraits!)

3 comments:

The Heath Family said...

Love it!!!!! I had so much fun and we are already making plans for next year.

Myah said...

Wow! I admire all of you. I wish I could do it! :) I seriously think I would die of itchy legs!!! Erin - you know! :)

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun too! It was a fun experience with everyone!! Quite an accomplishment.