Voting

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kiefer's First Visit to the Eye Doctor

Last week I took Kiefer in for an eye exam. I have been curious to see if he needs glasses like Krue. Lee and I could tell he had pretty good vision before even going in because he sees everything... far and near. Kiefer did such a great job and had fun sitting in the big exam chair, looking at all of the pictures, checking out all of the important equipment, and talking with the eye doctor. I was impressed for a three year old!
Great news... Kiefer has 20/20 vision. Yay! (Kiefer cried when he found out he wouldn't be getting any glasses. He wanted to have glasses "just like Krue" so bad!)
Kiefer, looking very proud.

I set up an appointment for Krue on the same morning. He needed an exam done for kindergarten. Let's just say he is an old pro at this. He even got his eyes dilated without any complaints.
Not so good news... Krue is a +10.50 in both eyes! Poor guy. He really needs his glasses to see everything correctly. It is amazing that I can have one child with 20/20 vision and one with very bad vision.

Here is Krue at his appointment...looking like "no big deal". He has been doing this twice a year since he was 2!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren has her appointment tomorrow--I hope she won't need glasses like me! We will see.

Myah said...

so cute! I haven't take the girls. When do they recommend that? I think they also do it in kindergarten.

Irrational Dad said...

Wow... +10.5! Good on Kiefer for perfect eyes though.

My New Catholic Heart said...

Yea for Kiefer - although he wanted the glasses. I think they make them with plastic - he could pretent they are real. Ella is a +5 in both her eyes. We will be doing vision therapy everyday with a visit to the eye doctor once a week for the next 18 months!!! AHHH!