Voting

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Labor and Kai's Entrance Into the World!

July 6, 2009
6:30am ~ Rolling around on the birthing ball to get contractions started and position the baby. Chit-chatting with Mom, Dad, and Lee (Amy is taking the picture).

9am ~ Contractions are consistent and lasting every 7 minutes... and getting stronger and closer together. Coach Lee is timing and talking to our midwife.

9:30am ~ Lee made me eggs with red bell peppers (protein!) to eat between contractions. Contractions continue to get closer together and stronger.

Mom and Amy, excited for the big day and to be present for the birth!
(Kiefer is taking the picture.)

Krue and Kiefer were excited to meet their new brother or sister.
We headed to the hospital around 10:30am... contractions were about 4 minutes apart lasting 90 seconds each.

11:30am~ I spent 1.5 hours in the jet tub laboring. This was so nice!

1:36pm ~ After 5 hours of active labor and 41 minutes of pushing...
Kai Caroline Nagel was born!
I could not believe we had a little girl!
Lee and I, so excited and happy about Kai!

Amy taking pictures of Kai after she was born.

Kai, about an hour old.
6 lbs. 11 oz. and 19.5 inches

5 comments:

My New Catholic Heart said...

Love it!!!

babanpapa said...

Love your journalism of the birth of Kai, Erin! Almost as exciting as being there the first time! (Although, not quite!)

Anonymous said...

OMG Erin, how exciting to read! Congrats again... love seeing the pics, have missed the blog!

Jennifer said...

Congrats again Erin! Thanks for the details. I love hearing the birth story!

Anonymous said...

Seeing you and Lee in the water...OMG...that is an intense picture!!! I love that picture. It brings me back to how very young you were when you got together, and you now have 3 kids. You are quite the storyteller!! I love every minute of your blogging. You should start your business, and do this for others.

I love you, Erin!
Linda