My camera broke about two weeks ago, so I haven't been able to take pictures. My mom graciously gave me one of her cameras this past week so I could keep up with my blogging. I am still figuring out how her camera works. It is very tricky...lots of flashes before it actually takes a picture, pausing before you can take another pictures, etc. I can't seem to snap the best shots, but I am able to document the special moments. That is all that counts.
Some of the things that have happened over the past couple of weeks:
In the midst of Kiefer learning how to walk, he has developed many many bruises on his face. This child falls probably 2 or 3 times a day, no joke! He just stands right back up and tries again. Krue didn't help the matter by accidentally opening up a door into the side of Kiefer's face last week. It is quite the topic of conversation whenever we go out in public. Most of the time people guess that he is learning how to walk. But occasionally I get a weird look, like "what are you doing to that poor child!" Hopefully this phase won't last very long. The other day Krue told me, "Mom, I don't like bruce." I asked, "Who's Bruce?" He answered, "The "bruce" on Kiefer's face." Hee Hee. He cracks me up!
Another thing that happened this past week was Krue went to the dentist for the first time! This was a very exciting event. We were actually taking Krue in to watch Lee get his teeth cleaned at Dr. Nodine's office, but while we were there they asked Krue if he wanted to get his teeth cleaned, too. Krue said, "Yes!" He was very excited to ride up in the big chair like his daddy did. They scraped the "sugar bugs" off of his teeth and used a "tooth tickler" to polish his teeth. Krue liked the bubble gum flavoring they used and giggled when his teeth where "tickled". He wasn't a big fan of "Mr. Slurpee" :) They finished up his appointment with a good flossing. Krue loves to floss on his own (thanks to Baba!) so this was a breeze for him. He did such a great job! Doc came in and talked with him and checked out his teeth... no problems. (We just have to work on keeping that thumb out of his mouth.) They gave Krue a bag filled with fun dental care items and they let him pick a toy out of the treasure chest. We were so proud of Krue braving his first dentist appointment. What a guy!
2 comments:
What happen to your camera??
Way to go Krue!!! That is awesome that he did such a great job at the dentist. I''m not sure Lauren will take it that well.
Poor little Kiefer. His head looks like he has taken so bad falls. Don't you hate it that they have to have all those bumps and "bruces" (so cute).It is all part of it- I guess it makes them tougher.
Erin,
If it makes you feel any better, Halle's body was covered in bruises for about a month. They are finally all gone! :) He'll get better.
Post a Comment