Voting

Monday, January 28, 2008

Movie and Dinner with Myah

On Saturday, I invited my good friend, Myah, to see a movie screening at the Fort Wayne Library with me. The movie was a documentary called "The Business of Being Born" and was produced by Ricki Lake. I have been very interested in seeing this movie and had asked Myah to go with me 1) for a fun girls day out 2) I hardly ever get to do things with "just" Myah 3) I knew she had a great deal of interest and found great joy in her pregnancies/deliveries with her two little girls.

To sum up this documentary... "It is amazing and eye-opening". It asks the question: should most births be viewed as a natural life process, or should every delivery be treated as a potential medical emergency? I highly recommend anyone who is thinking about getting pregnant or is pregnant to watch it. It is beautifully done and allows women to see what all of their options are when it comes to pregnancy and birth. You will be able to rent it on Netflix starting in February.

Myah and I had a fabulous time and really enjoyed the movie. We went to Henry's afterwards and had a nice meal and talked. I was driving Myah back home and we got a call from my sister, Ali. She was at her high school friends' Christmas party down the road from Myah's house. We stopped by for a while and hung out. It was fun!

Thank you, Myah, for your friendship!

3 comments:

Myah said...

My friendship to you in MY PLEASURE! I love being friends with you! :) I had a wonderful time. You are right. It is rare that we get some quality one on one time. I know we were both in shock that 2 hours had passed as we talked non stop over our dinner. I love you, Erin.

The Heath Family said...

Good for you girls. The movie sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!!