Voting

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cowboy Birthday Party ~ YEE HAW!

On March 1st (Krue's actual birthday) we had a birthday party for Kiefer's 2nd and Krue's 4th birthdays. It was cowboy themed... and I had so much fun with it! I put signs at the front and back doors that read "Come on in for a rootin' tootin' good time!"... labeled the bathroom as the "Outhouse"... the food as the "Grub"... and the old fashion root beer bottles & water bottles in a tin as "The Watering Hole". The boys dressed up in cowboy hats, bandannas, and cowboy boots. I made "Wanted" posters and hung them all over the house for everyone to look at. I had the guests snack on peanuts in the shell "Rodeo Munchies"... and we had food that went along with the cowboy theme... barbecued pulled pork, baked beans (thanks Mamaw), summer sausage & cheese (thanks Sam & Beth), yummy overnight salad (thanks Mom), and veggies.

We had family over at 4pm for dinner & presents, and then invited some Auburn friends (Neal & Mel, Shane & Kelli, Jeff & Rachelle) and their kids (Lauren & Graham, Ian & Anna, Livia & Reece) over for cake & ice cream. We had cowboy hats for the kids and the ice cream was served in plastic cowboy boots!














At one point we had 10 kids under the age of Five in our living room! We wouldn't have done it any other way :)

Happy Birthday Krue & Kiefer!!

6 comments:

The Heath Family said...

It was a cute idea and we had fun. Happy birthdays boys!

My New Catholic Heart said...

Ella and Parker got a big kick out of the party (Ben and I did too) you did such a good job with the theme! Glad we could share in the boy's special day!

Jan said...

Looks like a lot of fun - wish I could have been there!!!

Myah said...

Looks awesome!
Happy Birthday, Boys!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having us over! We had a great time!!

Happy Birthday Krue and Kiefer!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Boys!! Looks like a very fun party.