Voting

Friday, April 25, 2008

A Week of Goodbyes...

This has been a sad week for us.

First, my sister, Ali, moved to Houston, Texas! We were able to spend some time with her on Wednesday and had a really nice dinner at The Tavern at Coventry. It is a bittersweet feeling because I don't want to see her move so far away... but I know good things are going to happen for her there. Krue and Lee were not able to make it to dinner because they had tee ball practice. Kiefer and I met Ali, Mom, Dad, and Mamaw.
I love you, Ali! We will miss you so much.




On Thursday, we had to bid "Farewell" to our dog of 8 years, Dudley (Duds, The Dude, Duders, Duderoni, Dudders, Sir Dudley, Dudley of Davenport). Dudley has been such a neat dog... but a stinker 5-10% of the time. We just felt like he was getting too unpredictable with the kids and other dogs and thought it would be best if he lived with someone else. We contacted the English Bulldog Rescue Group and found a foster family for him until he can be placed in a more appropriate (kid free) home. It is a really wonderful program.

Man, was it hard saying good-bye. Dudley was my first "baby".

I love you, Dudley! Don't forget us.

2 comments:

The Heath Family said...

How horrible......I can't imagine not having Lexy or Uno. I'm sorry. And what is Ali doing in Texas? How cool but scary for her.

Anonymous said...

Wow...HUGE changes in a short time for you and all of your family. What will Ali be doing?

I know how badly you must be feeling about Dudley. He was such a big part of your life. Life is certainly about change.

Love you,
Linda Barnes