Voting

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Flying, Flying, and More Flying...

In order for this project to not seem so overwhelming (for me to document, for you to read) ... I am going to break up our trip into sections. I will try to post one or two entries a day covering different things we did on our trip. I will make sure I start at the beginning and document in the order our events happened. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

After packing up our house, writing millions of notes, making lots of phone calls, running last minute errands... Beth came over to pick up the boys (and their essentials for 12 days). This was obviously harder on Lee and I than it was the boys. We were saying things like, "You take care of your brother. We will miss you. We love you so much!" They were saying things like, "Bye. Grandma Beth, can we go fishing when we get to the lake? Is Papa Sam going to be there?" Geesh! At least it made it a little easier for Lee and I to watch them pull out of the driveway. We also knew we had our web cam handy so we could see them and talk to them every day.

At 2pm Lee and I took took off in our car for Indy. We were meeting my parents at the Indianapolis Airport and then flying out together. We had initial complications at the Indy airport ... My suitcase was too heavy :) and the know-it-all luggage check-in guy was trying to scare us by saying that we needed to have purchased a visa in order to enter Hong Kong (not true). This was the same guy that was saying "Jar-ki-da" for Jakarta... and then following that up by saying, "I'm not very good at punctuation."

Once we got our luggage checked in, everything was smooth sailing. We met up with mom and dad and they were with us for the remainder of our travels to Indonesia.

This was what our trip out consisted of:

Auburn to Indy - car

Indy to Chicago - airplane

Chicago to San Francisco - airplane

San Francisco to Hong Kong - airplane

Hong Kong to Singapore - airplane

Singapore to Jakarta - airplane

It was 37 hours of total travel time! We spent 24 hours in the air!

It was so worth it, though.

Lee and I talking to the boys via web cam at the Chicago Airport. Gotta love Skype!



Waiting for our next flight.



Just finished the longest leg of our flight... over the Pacific. Getting close to Hong Kong.


Tired Lee checking email.

Riding the travelator at the Singapore Airport.

No comments: