On our last day in Hong Kong (and the last day of our trip) Jesse and Gwen took us hiking! There are hundreds of mountainous trails in Hong Kong and hiking has become one of Jesse and Gwen's new hobbies. They grab their trail guide, pick a trail that looks interesting to them, and they are off discovering new sites and getting a GREAT workout! Jesse and Gwen decided to take us on the most popular trail called "Dragon Back". They said it was a moderate trail (Ha! Moderate was very difficult for us flatland folk. With the high altitude and steep steps, Lee and I were panting pretty hard. It was no sweat for Jesse and Gwen... they are acclimated and pros.) The sites were terrific and we really got a good feel for what Hong Kong looks like outside of the city.



You can see in this picture why they call it "Dragon Back Trail". The trail goes up and down mountains that look like a dragon's bumpy back.


Once we got to the end of the trail there was a beach! You would never guess we were in Hong Kong by looking at the people on this beach. We felt like we were all of a sudden in California. Everyone had a "hippie" look and way about them and the restaurants had sand floors and were playing Bob Marley. You get the picture. I guess everyone who lives close to this beach has lived their for at least 30 years and have raised their kids here. The kids are sooo cute! A lot of them have long
blond hair, barefoot, tan ... you know. The surfer look! Love it.


After our hike, sipping pina coladas at one of the restaurants on the beach. Sand floor and all!
Dragon Back Trail
2 comments:
For you and Lee to get tired on a hike - it must have been pretty extreme. All I know is that I about died in a raft race against you!
I thought Sarah and I were hardcore when we went for a hike 2 years ago, but it didn't have an awesome name like "Dragon Back". Ours was called "Chimney Tops Trail".
Post a Comment