Voting

Friday, October 24, 2008

Hong Kong ~ Day One!

Lee and I arrived in Hong Kong around 9:45pm on Friday night. Our good friends Jesse, Gwen, and their 4 month old baby, Jack, picked us up from the Hong Kong airport. It was great to see them! We took a taxi back to their apartment and freshened up. They then took us out to see the night life in Hong Kong. Jack stayed back at the apartment with their nanny (called a "helper" in Hong Kong).

First of all, I was not prepared to walk the streets of Hong Kong.. I wore heels! And let me tell you, Hong Kong is HILLY! Needless to say, I got really bad blisters that night. I didn't realize that Hong Kong was EXTREMELY hot and muggy... even at night! We were sweating bullets by the time we got to our first location. I also didn't realize that the nightlife in Hong Kong is VERY happening! There are lots and lots of clubs and the streets are PACKED with people having a grand old time.

Jesse and Gwen first took us to a club at the top of one of the skyscrapers to see the view of Hong Kong. It was air conditioned... which was wonderful... and the view was amazing! Next we went to a Russian bar that actually had an igloo room! Yay, an igloo room! It was so cold and refreshing...
Waiting for our drinks in the igloo room.


For the rest of our night we found a cozy little bar, sat, and caught up. We stayed out until 3am! It was so much fun.


The next day we got up, enjoyed the morning at Jesse and Gwen's adorable apartment and then took off to see some sights.

The following pictures are a little out of order.


Jesse, Gwen and Jack (shaded from the hot sun) guiding us on our walk up to the famous Victoria Peak.

(At the apartment) Cutie Jack on his dad's chest.


One view from Jesse and Gwen's apartment.

The amazing view from Vicotoria Peak! Everything in Hong Kong is mountainous, new, and stacked on top of each other.
I think this picture is cute of Gwen and Jack at lunch.

Walking to an authentic Chinese lunch in Hong Kong Park.



More pictures from Victoria Peak.


Video from Victoria Peak.

1 comment:

The Heath Family said...

beautiful! It is so amazing. I love that you got to experience all of this. Memories to last a lifetime.