The car Adam and Natalia rode in to the reception.
A welcome sign in Indonesian.
Note: The following pictures were taken from inside of the reception. Please do not forget to click on the last picture. It is video footage of the reception hall. It gives you an idea of how big this place was!
You would not believe how much food they had. They were expecting 1,400 people... so you can imagine how much there was. Different types of food, decorated beautifully, throughout the entire room! Take a look...
Natalia had 10 of her cousins welcoming guests and handing out notepads with Adam and Natalia's names and wedding date on them. Grace had all of their dresses custom made!
Lee and I stood at the front and welcomed guests. Lots of hand shaking going on! As you can tell in the picture... I didn't realize how conservative everyone dresses at receptions... and in Jakarta period :) I was showing a lot more skin than everyone else.
Adam and Natalia with their nieces, Katherine and Celine, before the reception.
There was a grand entrance ... first Grace & Berthis were announced and they walked the red carpet... next Mom and Dad ... next Natalia's sister, Jane, and her husband, Heromin ... and then Lee and I.
Next, Adam and Natalia were announced and the walked the red carpet with their entourage of cousins. This was really cool! The two girls in front were dressed as ballerinas and they lead the pack very slowly and very deliberately, dragging their feet like ballerinas do. Mom and Dad said it reminded them of "The King and I".

You can tell in this picture how many guests were there. And they continued to come throughout the evening!
And they got to cut it with a samurai sword!!
This was interesting... Adam and Natalia threw the bouquet together to all the bachelorettes AND bachelors!
Please click on the play button below for you tour of the reception room.





4 comments:
Erin,
You did a fabulous job of blogging, taking pictures and the video was unbelievable!! That was incredible!!! It was sure worth the wait!!!
Love you,
Linda Barnes
Erin, I agree with Linda. You are very good at capturing the "essence" of an event or moment..your blog gives a very good feeling for what happened while we were there. (The only thing missing is the flavors and temperatures..hard to capture in photos!)
I am enjoying your blog, and I was there for the original event, but you help me to enjoy it, again! Love you, my little journalist! Mom
That cake was awesome!! It looks like quite an event. It is so neat that you were there to experience it.
Thanks for sharing!:)
You are an AMAZING blogger!!!! I love reading your entries...
Post a Comment