My sister-in-law, Amy, and I share a birthday. This is so much fun because we get to celebrate every year together. For our birthdays this year we decided to eat at "Paula's" in Ft. Wayne. We had a fabulous dinner with great company... Heath, Amy, Dan, Abby, Nick Delagarza, Tyler and Missy Romine, Lee and I.
Amy found a birthday card for me that reads, "Tomorrow we can eat broccoli. Today is for ice cream!" That is how we felt that night. We ordered sinful desserts all to ourselves. It was great!
Amy with her chocolate-peanut butter pie. Yum!
Me, with my turtle pie. Yum Yum!
After dinner we went to a quaint little Irish Pub called "Deer Park". In all traditional Irish Pubs they have something called a "snug"... this is a private booth separated from the rest of the pub. Amy and I thought this was so cute... and it is what sparked the idea for the remainder of the pictures.
Enjoy the fun!
The Snug
Just when she started feeling blue - along came another friend, and that made...
Two birthday girls sitting all alone. Away from their other friends, where did they go?
When they started to think, "where could they be?" - along came a friend, and that made...
Three sister-in-laws sitting all alone. Away from their other friends, where did they go?
At that moment they heard a knock at the door - along came another friend, and that made...
Four crazy Nagels sitting all alone. Away from their other friends, where did they go?
Just when they thought no one else would arrive - along came another friend, and that made...
Five fabulous friends sitting all alone. Away from their other friends, where did they go?
They started to think, "who could we add to this mix?" - along came another friend, and that made...
Six silly friends sitting all alone. Away from their other friends, where did they go?
The fun they were having started to feel like heaven - along came another friend, and that made...
Seven smiling friends sitting all alone. Away from their other friends, where did they go?
They started to think they could no longer wait - along came another friend, and that made...
Amy shouted, "Hurry! Your going to break my spine!" - along came another friend, and that made...
Nine piled-up friends sitting all alone. Away from their other friends, where did they go?
All of them thinking, "How much more room can we lend?" - along came another friend, and that made...
Ten tangled friends sitting all alone. Away from their other friend, where did he go?
Amy shouted out, "Let's kick out seven!" - along came their last friend, and that made...
Eleven extraordinary friends, together again at the pub.
Having so much birthday fun... now they know why it's called a "snug".
(Hee hee... maybe I've read too many children's stories lately... but wasn't that entertaining?)














8 comments:
Very cute!! You are so creative. I could have never come up with that! And to take the pictues like that --how fun. And it is so neat that you and Amy have the same birthday. I hope you had a fabulous time!!
Obviously, Erin, you share your Mother's love of silly poetry (and an aptitude for composing it!) You also share a love of friends and photography, creativity and family! What a clever girl you are! How fun was that? Love you, sweetie! Your Mom
How creative with the pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Happy Birthday!
So cute and creative! I'm just a little jealous that I wasn't part of the Birthday Snug.
How Cute!! Reminds me of the poem you wrote when you were little - Tweedlebop or something like that!!
That was awesome! Was that your idea...I imagine it was. :)
Yes Jan, Erin must be digressing back to her youth! Her wanna-be little sister remembers the entire poem composed by Erin Elkins:
I've got a monster named Tweedlebop,
I got him from the babershop.
They found him wondering down the street,
with orange hair hanging to his feet.
Hair so long he could not see,
and so they took some sympathy.
They coxed him to the babershop,
and on his hair began to chop.
As they chopped it soon was seen,
his eyes were red, his skin was green,
his toes were curled, his nose had warts,
no wonder he was out of sorts!
They sudds him up in good shampoo,
and tied his hair in ribbon blue.
He smelled so good, he looked so fine,
and in his hands they put a sign:
FOR SALE in the window of the shop,
and that's how I got Tweedlebop.
=)
That is so cool that you share the same birthday! I love the pictures and the story!
Post a Comment