After Christmas Eve with the Nagels we came home and spent the night at our house. Of course it was important for us to be in our own home so Santa would know where to put the presents for Krue and Kiefer.
Funny story... Christmas Eve day I had turned on the oven cleaner to clean up a mess that had happened in the oven. I didn't really think about the fact that the mess had been melted plastic from a casserole lid! The entire time I had been cleaning the oven, it was sending plastic fumes throughout the house. Duh, Erin. Lee came home that day from work and couldn't believe the smell! He opened up all of the windows and turned off the heat to air out the house. We went to church for the Christmas Eve service and then on to Sam and Beth's house. By the time we got back to our house (around midnight) it was 39 degrees inside of our house! The good news was that the toxic smell was gone :) We had to crank up the heat, shut the windows, wrap the boys up in lots of blankets, start a fire in the fireplace, turn on the burners of the stove... the heat eventually returned and all was well. What a night! We thought we might be up late enough to see Santa... but no such luck. He must have came after we went to bed.
Christmas morning was so fun! It is such a special time with just the four of us. We lit the fire, played Christmas music, brewed coffee, warmed up some yummy spice bread and enjoyed our time together opening presents and looking in our stockings. Krue was very anxious to go downstairs to see what Santa brought this year. Kiefer didn't really know what was going on... but was quick to shout out, "Ho Ho Ho", every time we talking about Santa Clause.
These pictures are a little out of order, but all from Christmas morning.
Krue has been asking for a red guitar for 6 months! He was so excited to see it under the tree.
Kiefer having fun with the new instruments and toys.

A fun race track/garage for the boys.

Lee found a new wedding ring in his stocking! He lost his many months ago. Now the girls will be sure to know he is taken :)

Some special gifts I recieved. Lee had taken the boys to Walmart to pick out some gifts for me. He literally let them pick the gifts out! The beautiful zebra purse was given to me by Kiefer (Lee said he was dead set on it) ... and the Roy Orbison CD collection was given to me by Krue (Krue liked it because it was red.) The cute hat was one of the many fun gifts I found in my stocking. I also found in there lots of great CD's, cute "Hoosiers" shorts and hat, and a shuffle ipod I can use while I work out!

Our filled stockings.
Santa gifts under the tree.

Not a very good picture, but the only one I got of the boys anxiously waiting to go downstairs.
3 comments:
I thought it was so fun this year to. It was relaxing and I think the kids had a ton of fun to.
love the pic's
I love the oven story!!! Been there, done that!!!! You are hilarious!!!!
Nena
Post a Comment