Voting

Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Years 2007

This is my last blog and I am finally caught up!!
New Years was a blast this year, thanks to Dan and Abby and Sam and Beth! Dan and Abby (I think mainly Abby) planned a theme party ~ New Years Around the World. Each couple chose a country and had to dress-up like someone from that country & bring an appetizer and drink from that country. Abby had tables set up around the room with labels telling which country each couple was from. Sam and Beth were kind enough to let us use their lake house (once again) for the party. Thank you!
Lee and I chose the country of Italy. We dressed up as Gondoliers a brought an antipasto tray and served lemon cellos in carved out lemons! We even had a dance party room with strobe lights and techno music (because Italians are known for this.) The room was a hit!
The night was so much fun... complete with marriage proposal and snowball fights! Here are some pictures to fill you in:
The North Pole ~ Erin, Nick, and Megan

"White Trash" United States ~ Travis and Courtney

Hawaii, United States ~ Dan and Abby

Germany ~ Tom and Lindsay


Italy ~ Lee and I

Sam, Dan, and Lee enjoying the night.


Drinking lemon cellos in the dance party room!


Brazil ~ Christopher, Amy, John and Stephanie

Around 10pm Dan made a special announcement. He thanked Abby for planning this party and then got down on his knee and asked her to marry him! It was so sweet. Here are a cute series of pictures capturing the moment:

Good friends Zach, Andy, and Nick congratulating Dan and Abby.

Having fun at the party.

More countries... Ashlie (center) and Eric came as Russia
Kelli (right) and Shane came as Jamaica

The Nagel Girls... Missing Amy and Sara

A self-portrait shot of Jamaican Shane and I

Snowball fight outside after midnight!

Lee with a whole new look... He was cracking us up!


Dance party!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! I barely made it until midnight.

Just a little FYI - I saw the Heineken in the Germany pictures - BUT.... Heineken is imported from Holland.

Anonymous said...

Good eye on the beer distribution, Jan! You must be a professional!
I was just wondering if any of the guys gave Dan a hard time about proposing in a skirt? (Oh, but he looked adorable! What a cutie!)

Myah said...

What a great night! Congrats to Dan and Abby!